Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whoot Whoot Another Play Day

Hello - it's Wednesday and I have been lucky enough to have another play day in my craft room - Yippeee. Well actually it hasn't all been play cause I have done the washing and tidying but in between I have been popping into the craft room and creating. Hehehe having lots of fun as I go.

I am entering a new challenge today - one I haven't entered before - I stumbled across this challenge while looking at one of the lovely blogs that I stalk daily Molecraft by Helen, she is so talented! Anyway the challenge is over at Sketch N Stash. Ohhhhh I like the sound of this one - you have to use up some of your stash yay cause I have a never ending set of draws full of stash, bits and pieces that I cut off from other creations. So here is  the sketch











And here is my card


 The lovely background paper is from Kaiser and it is brand new, one I brought while I was in Brisbane before Christmas, as is the stamp which I got from my lovely friend Kerry, who brought two of this one by mistake (oh that reminds me i had better remember to pay her for it ). But all the purple is from the deepest darkest depths of the stash pile. I know it's not Christmas time and I shouldn't be making Christmas cards but how could I just put her away and not ink her up at least once? Anyway she will go into the stash for next year. I have coloured her with watercolour pencils and added some snowflakes and a Stampin' Up Sentiment.


This is the inside view - using up more scraps as this is the bit where I cut the circle out for the front.


And finally a close up of the detail - I forgot to mention that I added flower soft and stickles to the edge of her dress and her Santa hat.
Ok well i hope you like it, but now it is time for all good housewives and Mummy's to head to the kitchen and start cooking a yummy dinner for the adoring family,  I am heading in the other direction hehehe only kidding - I had better go do my duties.
Have a happy day x joy

5 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Joy

Well this just goes to show that clearing up your craft space makes for hyper activity on the creation front.

This one is lovely.

You have used the sketch really well. Love your colour choices too.

Love Jules xx

Kerry said...

Very pretty...is this your Christmas card for 2012 decided already??

~@ngie~ said...

gorgeous card... I love the image & the colour combo :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

Chrissie said...

Such a lovely card! Gorgeous image and papers and I love her sparkly dress too.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
lol Chrissie xx

Andie's Space said...

This looks fab. Love Tilda with her soft, furry trim. Great interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N' Stash. Hugs,
Andie xx