Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mini Wedding Set

Hello and happy Sunday, finally I can show you what I have been doing lately. I wanted to get it all finished before I blogged about it. It is a minature wedding set - and boy has it taken me ages to make hehehe my fingers are still numb from making a total of 157 minature roses (i have put how i made them up on my new tutorial page) all those flowers where made using 785 seperate punched shapes.

Next Saturday here in Blackall is the local flower show and I was asked to do a little display of handmade flowers to show everyone some of the things that we do at our local paper crafting days and this is what I came up with. I started off thinking about the ball and thought how nice they would look at a wedding so then the cake came to mind and then you can't have a wedding without a bouquet and being a card maker that I am - I couldn't not make a minature card as well.

To give you an idea of how big they are, I took this next image with a dew drop ink pad in the photo as well.


And here are some close ups for you.

The cake opens up at the top of each tier, it has 60 flowers and I have used a compact disc covered in paper for the cake board. It measures 5.75cms across the top tier and 8 cms across the bottom tier. And is a total of 9cm high to the tip of the top flower.
The ball has a total of 76 little flowers on it. It is actually the roller ball out of an under arm roll on deoderant (shhhhhhh don't tell any one - I did wash it well before using it) I have actually been collecting them for awhile now because they looked useful for something. Firstly I wrapped the hanging ribbon around the ball then starting at the top I attached the flowers one by one with  the hot glue gun. I started with 30 flowers made and soon realised it was not enough. It measures 5cms across the widest part.

This is a close up of  the mini bouquet it is 6.5cm from edge of the doiley to the other side.

This is the underside. I really tried hard to make it as realistic as possible.

 And finally the mini card - it measures 5.5cm x 5.5cm. I used a normal sized magnolia stamp  that I had coloured with watercolours and I then scanned it and shrunk it to the size I wanted. Hehehe I had sooooo much fun with this set - I hope you like it - Please leave a comment and tell me what you think :) x joy

1 comment:

Penni said...

What a beautiful wedding set. I especially like the flower ball - I might have to start saving these roller balls myself.

THanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment too.

Hugs
Penni
X